Magnetic Disc Separator
GTEK Magnetic Disc Separator
Magnetic Disc Separator aka High Intensity Electromagnetic Disc Separator is designed for continuously separation of materials that have varied magnetic susceptibilities.
- Separation of different minerals with varying levels of magnetic susceptibility;
- Single Disc to 4 Disc models available to cater for different applications and capacities;
- Magnetic intensity is variable from 0 to 20,000 gauss and can be adjusted by varying the current of each coil;
- Height adjustable revolving discs;
- Robust support framework.
GTEK Magnetic Disc Separator aka High Intensity Electromagnetic Disc Separator is designed for continuously separation of materials that have various magnetic susceptibilities.
GTEK can offer magnetic disc separator of Single Disc to Four Disc models in order to suit different applications. Each disc is designed to offer varied range of intensity. This facilitates separation of different susceptibilities minerals in a single operation.
Magnetic intensity is variable from 0 to 20,000 gauss and can be adjusted by varying the current of each coil to suit each client's specific mineral separation requirements. Each electromagnetic disc can be set at a different height from the conveyor belt to get different magnetic force. Optimum selectivity can be accurately achieved by combining disc height adjustment with variation of coil curreny from the control panel.
Our Magnetic Disc Separator can be used in the following applications:
- Concentration of dry, granular minerals such as ilmenite, gamet, monazite, wolframite, and columbite-tantalite (Coltan);
- Removal of minerals of low magnetic susceptibility from cassiterite, zircon, scheelite and rutile;
- Purification of quartz for the glassmaking industry;
- Purification of abrasives;
- Extraction of iron oxides from chemical and food products;
- Separation of different types of swarf.
How Does a Magnetic Disc Separator Work?
Material is feed from a hopper with a magnetic drum onto the conveyor belt. A thin layer of material is continuously transported beneath the rotaing discs where magnetic particles are attracted, by the high gradient magnetic zones.
These captured particles will be transported above the discharge chutes by the rotating discs. Scrapers that are mounted on each side of the frame to ensure the total discharge of the extracted magnetic particles. Concentrated fractions of minerals are collected and then to the further processed. Any non-magnetic materials will pass under all of the three or four discs and discharge at the end of the conveyor as a clean non-magnetic product.
A Magnetic Disc Separator will generally have three high intensity electromagnetic discs, each set at a different height from the feed conveyor. The first disc will be set the furthest from the feed material, in order to extract only the most magnetically susceptible particles. The second and third discs are setted at lower gaps, increasing the magnetic force at each disc and therefore separating different grades of magnetic material.
Magnetic Disc Separator with four electromagnetic discs are also avaliable for higher capacity and improved effciency.
Send Us a Message
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Welcome to contact us by submitting the contact form or write to us directly through the contact info below:
For more information about any of our services, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our team are always happy to help provide information and suggestion.
MAGNETIC FORCE BY GTEK™