Eddy Current Separator
GTEK Eddy Current Separator
GTEK Eddy Current Separator is an advanced non-ferrous metal sorting unit which is capable of separating clean non-ferrous metals from others.
After various processing stages (such as instance disintegration crushing, classification and magnetic separation), the non-ferrous metal separator helps to recover clean, marketable non-ferrous metal mixtures (ZORBA) containing aluminum, copper, zinc or brass.
The eddy current separator can therefore be used any place where non-ferrous metals can be recovered or separated, for example when processing shredded scrap, demolition waste, municipal solid waste, packaging waste, bottom ashes from waste incineration, aluminium salt slags, e-waste, wood chips, glass or moulding sand.
Why GTEK Eddy Current Separator?
GTFXP Eccentric Eddy Current Separator & GTFX Concentric Eddy Current Separator
GTEK provides both eccentric ECS and concentric ECS. You are welcome to contact our experts to get the best solution according to your specific situation.
- Can process any size of materials, especially materials within 5mm²;
- Using eccentric magnetic rotor technology, the material "take-off point" can be changed by adjusting the rotor position to get the best sorting effect;
- Separation of fine copper and aluminum from industrial waste;
- Separation of fine copper and aluminum from domestic waste;
- Separation of fine copper and aluminum from glass scrap;
- The field of fine dismantling and recycling of auto shredder residue;
- The field of fine dismantling and recycling of waste electrical appliances;
- Sorting/ Recycling of non-ferrous metals from incinerator bottom ash (IBA processing).
- The concentric ECS distributes the eddy current evenly on the surface of the entire rotor, the separation effect is more significant for metals above 25mm²;
- The concentric ECS is more cost-effective when used in separating materials larger than 25mm²;
- Separation of copper and aluminum from industrial waste;
- Separation of copper and aluminum from domestic waste;
- Separation of copper and aluminum from glass scrap;
- The field of dismantling and recycling of auto shredder residue (ASR);
- The field of dismantling and recycling of waste electrical appliances;
- Processing of coarse bulk materials in the non-ferrous metal processing industry.
Applications of Eddy Current Separator
Eddy current separator can be used for remove non-ferrous metals in various industries, mainly including:
- Removal of non-ferrous contamination from crushed glass cullet;
- Separation of non-ferrous metals in auto shredder residue (ASR recycling);
- Sorting of aluminum beverage cans from magnetic recyclables;
- Recycling of non-ferrous metals from municipal solid waste;
- Separation of iron and aluminum from wood chips;
- Recover copper and aluminum from aluminum-copper foundry sand or smelting ash;
- Recycling of non-ferrous metal in WEEE recycling plants;
- Removal of aluminum components in UPVC window recycling;
- Separation of non-ferrous metals form plastics;
- Separation of non-ferrous metals in scarp metal recycling plants;
- Separation of non-ferrous metals from solid waste incinerator bottom ash (IBA recycling);
- Recovery of non-ferrous metals in waste scarps;
Eddy Current Separator For Glass Beverage Recycling
Separating Aluminum Caps & Rings From Glass Shards
GTEK designed a recycling project with 8 tons/h capacity, which was sent to the glass bottle recycling facility of a well-known brewery.
GTEK was asked to do a test, by runing the materials that was sent by the client. And through the video, we can see the non-ferrous parts (Aluminum caps and rings) were efficiently removed from the glass shards. The materials were crushered down to 1-3cm, and separating rate of the non-ferrous has reached more than 90%.
Eddy Current Separator For PET Recycling
Separating Aluminum and Ferrous Flakes From PET Flakes
GTEK's High Frequency Eccentric Eddy Current Separator was especially designed for PET flakes recycling industry. With its advanced technology:
- 38 pole rotor design;
- high grade neodymium magnet which can guarantee a 4,500 gauss on the surface of the 2mm belt;
- 3000RPM standard rotor speed;
The separation rate of the non-ferrous flakes of 5-10mm can reach more than 97% after single passing, and more than 98% after second passing.
While in the test of processing -5mm materials, the separation rate can reach 86% after first passing and 97% after second passing.
Non-ferrous Metal Separator For Waste Metal Recycling
Turnkey non-ferrous recycling line in Guangzhou
GTEK has the ability to design and supply a complete recycling line for the waste metals, no matter for shear scrap or shredder scrap, we have standardized recycling line designs, if you want to learn more, please contact us.
In this case, we are dealing with waste metals of 1mm-10cm from shredder residue. The trommel rejects the dust less than 1mm, and devide the rest materials into three size ranges. Then pass througn three eddy current separators.
Eddy Current Separator For WEEE Recycling
Separating Ferrous and Non-Ferrous from PCB and other plastics
Another main application of the eddy current separator. In this case, it is designed for separating the metals attached on the printed circuit boards (PCB).
A feed size of 3-10cm of the shredded WEEE, first pass through two overband magnets and manul picking, the most ferrous metals have been removed. The others send to our ECS for a second ferrous sorting and non-ferrous separation.
GTEK MAGNET® - Your Trusted Eddy Current Separator Manufacturer
GTEK's non-ferrous magnetic separator has been proven its sorting efficiency and recognized as a benchmark product in the domestic market, we have taken over 80% of the large-scale steel mill scrap aluminum recycling projects in the domestic market.
Our standard non-ferrous metal separator can meet the requirements of most applications. If you have higher requirements, we can also meet them through customization.
- Use ABB driving motor as standard and optional SEW motors as alternatives.
- Use original SKF rotor bearings to ensure the best quality.
- Use N50 grade NdFeB magnet as the magnetic core.
- Regarding finishing, we can carry out multi-layer powder coating according to the corrosive environment grade (C1-C5) of the machine used to extend the service life of the equipment.
- The quality standard refers to ISO9001:2015.
- If necessary, weekly production progress reports can be provided.
Have a Free Sample Test on Our Eddy Current Separator
GTEK MAGNET® provides free sample testing service.
By sending us a small amount of samples, you can visually see the specific effect of our eddy current separator in processing your materials.
The video shows a customer from a metal recycling industry who sent us 100KG of auto shredder residue (ASR) tailings after separating by other brands of ECS. The content of non-ferrous metals is about 4.4%.
After testing, 4.37kg of non-ferrous metals are separated. Among them, copper wire is the majority, accounting for 20-30%. The sorting efficiency of copper wires with a diameter of more than 0.5mm is over 95%, which can create great value for the customer.
- GTFX(P)-8 Eccentric Eddy Current Separator
- GTRCT-32/80 Drum Magnet
What is Eddy Current Separation?
Eddy current separation is based on the use of a magnetic rotor with alternating polarity, spinning rapidly inside a non-metallic drum driving by a conveyor belt.
Material is feed onto the conveyor belt of the eddy current separator, which moves it across the magnetic rotor where separation occurs.
As non-ferrous metals pass over the drum, the alternating magnetic field creates eddy current in the non-ferrous metal particles. The generation of eddy currents will cause a magnetic field inside the material, which repels the alternating magnetic field of the rotor, and repelling the material away form the the conveyor. While other materials drop off at the end of conveyor, the non-ferrous metals are propelled forward over a splitter for separation.
How Does an Eddy Current Separator Work?
An Eddy Current Separator consists of a fast alternating magnetic field (composed of a rotor covered with rare-earth magnetic materials and a rotor motor), a running belt, a feed system and a adjustable splitter device.
The magnetic rotor, which is positioned inside the non-conductive outer drum made of special materials, revolves at around 3000 revolutions per minute during operation while the outer drum rotates at belt speed.
The rotation speed of rare-earth magnetic roller generates an induction field, creating a rapid changing magnetic field. The separation is based on the principle that every electrically conductive particle located in an altering magnetic field will be temporarily magnetized. The polarity of that magnetic field is the same as the rotating magnet, causing the conductive particle to be repelled from the magnetic roller, this enable us to separate huge number of non-ferrous material from non-metallic material. You can find more in our article: "How Does an Eddy Current Separator Work?"
More Knowledge About GTEK Eddy Current Separator
Concentric Eddy Current Separator or Eccentric Eddy Current Separator? The Dfference Between Eccentric Eddy Current Separator and Concentric Eddy Current Separator The eddy current separator is the most popular one among the scrap metal sorting equipment in recent years. At present, the common eddy current separators on the market are mainly divided into two different …
Cleaning Steps and Methods of Eddy Current Separator With the gradual maturity of waste nonferrous metal classification and processing technology in recent years, eddy current separators have been adopted by customers in the waste metal recycling industry and are used to sort nonferrous metals in metal scraps: copper, aluminum, magnesium, zinc. Waiting for the purpose …
Working Principle of Eddy Current Separator How does an eddy current separator work? Eddy current separation (ECS) is a sorting technique that uses different electrical conductivity of substances, and its sorting principle is based on two important physical phenomena: An alternating magnetic field that changes with time is always accompanied by an exchange Variable electric …
Send Us a Message
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Welcome to contact us by submitting the contact form or write to us directly through the contact info below:
For more information about any of our services, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our team are always happy to help provide information and suggestion.
MAGNETIC FORCE BY GTEK™