Concentric Eddy Current Separator or Eccentric Eddy Current Separator?
The Dfference Between Eccentric Eddy Current Separator and Concentric Eddy Current Separator
The eddy current separator is the most popular one among the scrap metal sorting equipment in recent years. At present, the common eddy current separators on the market are mainly divided into two different types, eccentric and concentric. The concentric eddy current sorting technology was first developed by the Americans, and the eccentric sorting technology came from Germany.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Concentric Eddy Current Separator
The main advantages of the concentric eddy current separator are:
- The concentric eddy current separator is more cost-effective when used in separating materials larger than 25mm²;
- The concentric eddy current separator has stable operation, low failure rate, long service life, low noise, convenient maintenance and low cost;
- The concentric eddy current separator has stable separation effect, high product precision and high recovery rate.
The main disadvantages of the concentric eddy current separator are:
- The magnetic field on the belt surface is relatively weak;
- The position of the magnetic pole is not adjustable, resulting in insignificant sorting effect of small diameter materials.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Eccentric Eddy Current Separator
The main advantages of the eccentric eddy current separator are:
- Due to the use of eccentric magnetic pole technology, it can ensure that the magnetic field changes are accurately concentrated in the area where the material is stressed;
- The magnetic pole can be adjusted as needed to ensure the maximum effect of the parabola and increase the force of the material. Improve the sorting rate of small diameter materials, especially materials within 5mm.
The main disadvantages of the eccentric eddy current separator are:
- Because the eccentric magnetic pole technology adopted by the eccentric ECS is adjusted by the bearing system, the internal structure of the equipment is more complicated than that of the concentric ECS, and the failure rate of the bearing system is higher than that of the concentric type;
- When eccentric eddy current separator is using for processing small diameter materials it has a high sorting rate. But, due to its complex structure, the cost is relatively higher, and the subsequent maintenance cost is also higher;
- The ease of operation is not as easy as the concentric eddy current separator.
Find Out More About Our Eddy Current Separator!
Wanna learn more about how our ECS can help with your process? Contact us today for a magnetic solution!